Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another Great Donation for Dress a Girl

So I went on another scouting mission for supplies for Dress a Girl around the world.
This time I headed to another small Thrift store I remembered seeing as I drove to lewisburg from Shomokin Dam on rt 15.
It's called Sanctuary Praise ( church on the hill) Thrift center.And I met some wonderful Sweet ladies. I told them about the charity and the Pastors daughter who was there was very  willing to donate.She said when they get fabric they usually don't know what to do with it! ( well that just about stopped my heart LOL).I was able to pick up some gently used sheets, new pillowcases and fabric and a cute ruffled curtain. And even some Lace. Thank you so Much Sanctuary Praise thrift store for your Wonderful Donation . They will be used to make many girls around the world very Happy.
And all you Local people Check this wonderful thrift store out they have some nice things and great prices.

While I was there I picked up a cute Tunic top in a great teal color Brand new with tags on originally $40 but I paid $5 , a Skirt which I need to take in but very cute, a sweater 2 peice set, 8  sewing patterns ( little girls dresses LOl) and some Terry cloth fabric ( new ) which I plan to use to make Hand towels for Our Church Humanatarian Hygeine Kits. All for $15 the one tunic  top alone would cost more than that. In these economic times lets support the Little stores and Be Thrifty It Pays to save.
But I must say that My goal is for every piece of clothing I bring in to the house 2  others need to leave my house/ closet :-) so I am off to purge then Donate !
The Blue fabric on the middle right has penguins surfing I Know that is random But I think some little girls will get a kick out of it and it will make fun dresses.The Navy fabric on the left has a ruffle so will make a cute Ruffled dress.
The Packages in the center are  2 packs of Pillow cases. Yes some of them are white. But with some contrast ruffles, and straps and a pocket I think they will make great dresses.
Thanks again Sanctuary of Praise Thrift center for your Wonderful Donation

1 comment:

  1. Awesome marie. You're accquiring quite the collection. we're going to be very busy Saturday

    ReplyDelete